Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When are the best kitchen unit reductions?

(8 Posts)
MerryMarigold Wed 28-Dec-16 20:02:35

Was almost convinced by Wickes' half price sale, till I realised it was half price from a price charged between 23.11 and 16.12 (ie. less than a month), so assuming they just ramped it up for a month to do a 'half price deal'. Hmmmm....

...So I am wondering: are there better reductions over spring bank hol? When is the best season for this? Not in a huge rush, but we have storage so could buy and store for a couple of months if the Wickes deal is genuinely good.

FrogFairy Wed 28-Dec-16 23:39:34

Diy-kitchens currently have 10% off and their prices are already good.

MerryMarigold Thu 29-Dec-16 19:47:24

Thanks frog, will take a look

MiaowTheCat Fri 30-Dec-16 11:06:01

Apparently this one with the extra discount is the best one Wickes tend to do according to when we ordered our kitchen - we'd done the initial planning work and she held the layout on their system with us having an appointment this time of year to finalise it and put the order through at the cheapest possible price. We ordered ours Boxing Day last year and it didn't come till early February so there's a fair lead time on their orders anyway if storage is an issue.

Wouldn't necessarily have gone to Wickes for having the biggest discount but they had the style of kitchen I really liked (similar to the one on their telly adverts at the moment except ours is nicer) so went there for that reason alone. Staff were open about when the next wave of reductions were likely to be due - not notified massively in advance but the pattern was fairly predictable.

We did all our appliance ordering this time of year as well (had stuff in baskets ready for the sales going live) - that did save a fair bit of cash and meant we could move up specs on a few things.

MerryMarigold Fri 30-Dec-16 15:41:32

Thanks Miaow. Maybe I should've started a bit early! There may be too much panic buying now, which wouldn't be wise with a kitchen.

PigletJohn Fri 30-Dec-16 16:43:04

kitchen sales are like buses, if you wait a week three of them will turn up. Keep looking round to find the style and quality you want. If you go on the mailing list they will tell you when an offer is coming up. Discounts tend to arrive around bank holidays when DIYers loosen their wallets.

With kitchens, the skill of the fitter makes more difference than anything else.

MerryMarigold Fri 30-Dec-16 18:07:04

Thanks PigletJohn. In my ideal world a carpenter would make the whole thing! (It's a funny shape, I have to say).

OnePlanOnHouzz Fri 30-Dec-16 19:05:36

The skill of the designer can make a massive difference too !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now