Talk

Advanced search

Good value flooring for guest bedroom/nursery

(4 Posts)
RobinSnood Wed 28-Dec-16 15:17:33

Looking for just that really. Redecorating the spare room which will be a guest bedroom for now and potentially/hopefully a nursery in the future. Don't have loads to spend. Don't want carpet. Current flooring is floorboards after we pulled up the manky carpet when we moved in. They are in terrible condition so not convinced that polishing them up would be the best option (or even possible).

Thanks!

boobsaclock Thu 29-Dec-16 11:05:30

I'd go for bleachable carpet - warm, reduces noise (valuable when you want to creep out when they're asleep) and easy to clean, and when they're older they can take a tumble on it without cracking their head open.

TremoloGreen Thu 29-Dec-16 19:37:41

We had a similar issue in my daughter's room. Carpet was no good due to allergies. We used a laminate with a washable cotton rug under her bed so she doesn't step onto cold floor in the morning. The laminate was a krono supernatural one called boulder oak. It is quite a pretty grey/taupe colour which goes well with pink and other pastels. We lay ply and and a 5mm underlay and no real noise issues. Saw b&q are currently selling this floor and calling it amadeo boulder oak or something. About to buy some more for the guest room.

Bluebolt Thu 29-Dec-16 23:18:55

I have allergies, whilst deciding when we moved in I bought white floor paint and clear sealant for the gaps. It needed no prep and lasted until we had the money and time for oak flooring.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now