Talk

Advanced search

Mira sport shower has stopped mid flow

(4 Posts)
nell15 Fri 16-Dec-16 17:46:39

Our Mira sport electric shower stopped mid flow and won't come back on. Does anyone have any idea what's wrong and how to fix it?

I was showering this morning - just at the point of rinsing the shampoo off my hair and the flow just stopped with a sort of clunk noise. The power light was still on and the pressure light showing whether it's high medium or low flow was also on. I switched the shower off and tried turning it back on again to no avail.

Ps I did manage to rinse the shampoo off my hair I n the other bathroom smile

PigletJohn Fri 16-Dec-16 18:14:59

I don't know what the cause is, but I surmise that it has detected a fault (leak, pressure, element, overheating) and turned itself off as a safety measure. If it is the sort with pusg buttons and no rotary knob, it is even possible that a button, or the valve it controls, has failed.

Although it is possible to buy some replacement parts for electric showers, they are economically built and it is usually better value to replace with new. If you get the same brand it should fit the position of the pipes and cables, maybe the screw-holes in the wall as well.

If you are fond of tinkering I suppose you could turn off the power and take it apart on the kitchen table to trace the fault, but it would probably not be worth paying someone to do it.

nell15 Fri 16-Dec-16 22:11:12

Thanks Pigletjohn it looks like we need to get another one, then. The added dimension is that we've sold our house and need to leave it in good working order for our buyers

Fluffyears Fri 16-Dec-16 23:08:24

Mine did the exact same and it just needed a part. Mira were going to charge £70 +parts + other things that I can't remember. Local plumber fixed it for £40 and it lasted for another 3 years before we sold house and it was still working when we left. I was in middle of rinsing my hair too when it went.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now