Talk

Advanced search

How much would you expect to pay for a nice bathroom?

(8 Posts)
Mapless Tue 13-Dec-16 17:05:39

Well one large bathroom (minimal tiling) and three ensuites (tiny tiny ones with tiny basins but with shower cubicles)? Soil pipes are in place or near enough to not cause a headache.

We've had one quote of just labour of £23k a second labour only cost at only £11k. WTF?? I had an estimate last year for the bathroom and one en suite at 8k so hoping the cheaper one sounds about right, but now I'm not sure...

wowfudge Tue 13-Dec-16 19:11:22

The high quote doesn't want the job - small spaces are awkward and require more planning to execute well.

YelloDraw Tue 13-Dec-16 19:48:05

£11k sounds very OK to me for 4 bathrooms

Nospringflower Tue 13-Dec-16 19:57:02

We recently had one bathroom done and that cost £6000 - sink, shower, toilet, Mirrors, tiling, radiators, new ceiling etc

AmyInTheBoonies Tue 13-Dec-16 20:03:10

My one medium sized bathroom was 7k and I had decent quality fittings.

11k sounds about right. The other one is way off.

Gardencentregroupie Tue 13-Dec-16 20:05:57

Labour only for a large-ish bathroom and en suite shower room was about 3.3k this summer just gone (Essex). Fair bit of tiling involved, though someone else did the floors.

Lesley1980 Tue 13-Dec-16 20:50:47

We got our bathroom fitted & they charged £950 to fit the suite & tiles above the sink & two rows of tiling around the bath- except we tiled 2 walls & the floor too so paid £600 extra for that. We were getting a new boiler & the company just happened to fit bathrooms too. It was an easy job of putting the new suite where the old one was.

We bought our bathroom from www.doblebathroomsdirect.com after seeing it in a bathroom showroom for double the price. Good service from them & I think delivery was free as I spent over £1000.

Mapless Fri 16-Dec-16 11:39:42

Thanks everyone. I hoped the 11k quote was about right. The 23k for labour quote has been chasing me a bit...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now