Talk

Advanced search

Due to exchange contracts today....the buyer pulled out yesterday.

(14 Posts)
Beeswax2017 Tue 29-Nov-16 07:02:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Chottie Tue 29-Nov-16 07:05:20

We were in a similar situation when selling DM's house.

Looking back, I think the buyer just wanted us to squeeze us into selling at a lower price. I just told them (via the agent) to either sign on the dotted line or the house goes straight back on the market.

They signed. Good luck and stand firm.

JennyOnAPlate Tue 29-Nov-16 07:07:01

I'm so sorry for your loss livin flowers

Are the vendors of the house you want to buy willing to wait (especially if you tell them you have lots of other interest)?

Beeswax2017 Tue 29-Nov-16 07:16:44

YelloDraw Tue 29-Nov-16 07:42:09

Oh what a bad thing, such cunts to do that the day before exchange.

BigGreenOlives Tue 29-Nov-16 07:43:37

We had the same behavior from my father's vendor (attempted 25% drop). We held firm, put it back on the market the same day & they then paid up the full amount.

SimplyNigella Tue 29-Nov-16 09:41:46

I'm hearing stories like this more and more, usually the buyer ends up paying the full price if the vendor stays strong. Good luck!

CocktailQueen Tue 29-Nov-16 09:44:09

Stay strong! We had just the same when dh was selling his mum's house last year. The buyer was a BTL landlord. He dragged his feet and dragged his feet and in the end dh had to say, if you don't exchange by X date, the sale's off. He exchanged. People just try it on, sadly. Good luck with getting another buyer flowers

Scrumptiousbears Tue 29-Nov-16 09:51:12

Cheeky fuckers. Good luck.

Beeswax2017 Tue 29-Nov-16 12:41:16

Chottie Wed 30-Nov-16 07:36:16

OP - go ahead with the planned viewings. You can't put your life on hold, whilst the original purchaser is shillyshallying around.

Scrumptiousbears Wed 30-Nov-16 18:31:33

I agree. Let others view and if someone offers and you are happy then carry on. Can't stand chancers and time wasters.

ElleMcElle Thu 01-Dec-16 14:37:53

How much later is the new exchange date? I would let the viewings go ahead and at least find some reassurance in the fact that there is clearly lots of other interest. That might stop your buyer messing around. They do sound dodgy, but if you accept another offer now, you'll be back to square one with surveys etc. If you can still exchange contracts with the buy to let landlord asap, I'd do it - but I would be nervous of pushing the exchange date back by too much. The 'sales progression' team really should have had someone monitoring this process while your main contact was on holiday...

Scarydinosaurs Thu 01-Dec-16 14:41:17

Absolutely go ahead with the other viewings. The person purchasing sounds dodgy as hell.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now