Talk

Advanced search

Thinking of moving to Petersfield area

(10 Posts)
Rootietoots Thu 24-Nov-16 21:30:00

Anyone have any stories to share? Moving from SE London. Loved the town and vibe but worried about meeting other mums...are there lots of groups? Is it easy to meet other mums? Is there enough going on? I have a 17 month old and another one on the way...anywhere else we should consider?
Thanks x

Ta1kinpeece Thu 24-Nov-16 21:32:01

Go and have a light lunch at Apothecary and make yourself at home.
Its a lovely, lovely town.
I don't live there, just work there sometimes

ShoeJunkie Fri 25-Nov-16 14:10:34

Petersfield is fab smile
Groups happen locally pretty much every day.
Worth searching Petersfield Area Mums group if you are on Facebook.

Rootietoots Fri 25-Nov-16 17:21:36

Thanks ladies - tried searching on facebook for 'petersfield area mums' and cant for the life of me find the group. Am i being really thick?!

Doodlekitty Fri 25-Nov-16 17:22:51

I lived there for a year before I had kids. Miss it every day sad

Ta1kinpeece Fri 25-Nov-16 19:08:35

rootie
pop down and grab a bite to eat at Apothecary or one of the other lovely eateries down towards the Spain and say Hi to people

I LOVE Market towns
I'm saving up to move to one

there is so much going on you'll miss London not a lot
(as per a dear friend who was an "it" girl and moved out for small people and only goes back if paid )
once kids are older its different - but less than an hour away ;-)

cloughie100 Fri 25-Nov-16 19:20:16

I moved from years in London recently but with older children, I miss London but Petersfield has a lot going for it, good schools ( -although SE London has good schools) , fantastically well connected with train and A3, fairly near beach, nice countryside- you need to visit and go to Heath by playground, usually loads of families, also Fork Handles cafe always seems to have mums and babies in , there's local NCT which must run toddler groups etc and remember that once children start nursery then that's a whole new set of friends for you to meet.

BillyDaveysDaughter Fri 25-Nov-16 19:44:25

I don't live far from Petersfield. It's a very nice town.

ShoeJunkie Sat 26-Nov-16 06:38:17

Rootietoots if you want to pm I could see if I could add you to the group?

MrsA2 Sat 26-Nov-16 07:01:30

Check out baby sensory once your little one arrives - the lady who runs the Petersfield group is fab and there is lots of opportunity to chat to other mums. Pottering around the lake is just lovely too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now