Anyone live in Abingdon or Witney?

(4 Posts)
WerewolvesNotSwearwolves Wed 23-Nov-16 10:05:44

We are looking at moving to Abingdon or Witney. Any insider advice about either place? We'd need fairly easy access to Oxford by public transport, and near a decent primary school.

talulahbelle Wed 23-Nov-16 10:08:18

I don't know about Abingdon, but the A40 to Witney to Oxford is hellish. Not a nice commute at all.

StillaChocoholic Wed 23-Nov-16 10:19:20

Abingdon is definitely better off for getting to Oxford. My son isn't in school yet but the primary schools here all seem to be pretty good

HilsT Thu 24-Nov-16 10:35:19

I live in Abingdon, and my husband works in Oxford, going by bus several times a week (by bike the other days). North Abingdon is easiest for commuting to Oxford by bus, but the houses tend to be more expensive than south Abingdon. Lots of good schools in Abingdon, most of the north Abingdon ones are over subscribed though. There are currently lots of new houses being built in south Abingdon, but plans for many more to be built in north Abingdon. Witney is better for shopping though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now