Talk

Advanced search

Just want to share my excitement!

(6 Posts)
Hellmouth Wed 23-Nov-16 08:45:13

Previous thread

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/2776349-Landlord-has-screwed-us-over

We have now found a new property. We viewed it on Saturday, all the referencing was completed yesterday and they have said we can pick up the keys this saturday.

I am so excited, and hopefully not counting my chickens before they hatch! It is much nicer than the last property we found with a massive basement which will be DPs man cave :D ie somewhere to put him when he's annoying me lol. It's also opposite a really good nursery, who I have already emailed, and they have vacancies from when I go back to work!

As we are moving from the flat I've been sharing with my sister, we literally need to buy everything you could possibly think of, apart from bedroom furniture, so I have this massive shopping list (buying a lot of stuff online).

Sofa
Sofa cushions
Coffee table
Fridge Freezer
Bookcases
Laundry basket x 2
Cable tidy
Water filter
Toaster
Mop and bucket
Broom
Kettle
Cutlery
Frying pans
Saucepans
Dustpan
Toilet brush and holder
Toilet bin
Chopping boards
Cutlery tray
Knives
Tea towels
Oven gloves
Coat rack
Towels

It is lucky that I like shopping. We don't need it all in one go, but priority is a kettle so i can have a cup of coffee on moving day :D

Any brand suggestions welcome smile

wowfudge Wed 23-Nov-16 09:31:52

Where are you OP? Might be able to help you out with some of that list. Pm me if you like.

YelloDraw Wed 23-Nov-16 09:46:22

Sounds like someone needs a trip to ikea!

I would move some of the non-immediate stuff like oven gloves onto a Christmas list and ask family to buy some specific things. Not too long to Christmas now so good timing.

mintthins Wed 23-Nov-16 09:47:45

Congratulations! That sounds like you're about to have the best Ikea trip ever!

Hellmouth Wed 23-Nov-16 12:49:46

Thanks everyone! I do love a good ikea trip. DP hates them because I always want to try out all the bed and sofas :D even if that's not what we're buying . . .

Joinourclub Wed 23-Nov-16 12:52:11

I'd be heading down to Wilkos for all the house hold cleaning stuff and toaster kettle etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now