Talk

Advanced search

Crap! Hate the new bathroom!

(7 Posts)
MooPointCowsOpinion Mon 21-Nov-16 23:12:43

So we've paid a small bloody fortune for a new bathroom, it's half way to being fitted and bloody everything is wrong.

We used a showroom consultant to select the items, she was supposed to come out and measure up and check everything worked but she forgot us and delayed our order and it all ended up a bit rushed. Naively we trusted her, and ticked off on her order form, after discussing and meeting at length about our requirements.

We have a wonderful plumber, who wants to do the best he can, but the toilet and sink are too big for the space and there's not a lot he can do about it. They're non refundable (allegedly).

We could try and sell the units online and buy different ones (and the plumber will bugger off until after Xmas), we could fit them in the downstairs loo which would obviously increase expenses and be a bigger upheaval, we could just live with it...

I guess I'm asking. WWYD?

johnd2 Mon 21-Nov-16 23:49:53

Well, if they've designed it for you and made a recommendation which you accepted then they have a reasonability to solve it. I'd get in there and kick up a fuss if possible, maybe if you escalate it you can get a refund on the useless bits.

FastWindow Mon 21-Nov-16 23:52:29

Of course its refundable. If the showroom want your business. Have you paid for it all yet?

Squidgems Tue 22-Nov-16 20:17:54

Hold fire on fitting the basin and toilet. Better to bear the cost of new items than making do. Remember it's such an upheaval getting the bathroom done as well as being expensive. If you make do you'll never love your bathrom and will be annoyed every time you use it!

MooPointCowsOpinion Wed 23-Nov-16 00:35:27

Thank you for the advice. Squidgems you're right, I don't want to hate it every time I look at it. We've taken the units back out. The plumber is falling over himself trying to make it right for us. The bathroom consultant is just awful. We've paid for everything FastWindow you have to buy the stock before they deliver it to be fitted.

LauraPalmersBodybag Wed 23-Nov-16 00:50:21

If it were me, I'd go in in person, remain calm, polite enough but really really firm -

"Whilst i can see this is problematic for you, the company was at fault, not me. I'm not paying for, or living with your mistakes. I trusted you to double check details and you didn't, nor did you do a home visit because you forgot. This is on you. I'm sorry to kick up a stink but you leave me with little choice. What are you going to do about it?"

Tip - open body language and smile and shrug whilst you say it. You can keep apologising for being a pain, but don't stop until they offer you a decent solution.

This is a tried and tested formula!

SureStartRedemption Wed 23-Nov-16 07:27:26

If you paid for them on a credit card you can tell the store that you are going to start proceedings to have the money refunded as products are not fit for purpose due to the showroom consultant's errors.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now