Make an offer today!?

(7 Posts)
miggles33 Fri 18-Nov-16 04:22:11

I am offering on a house this weekend. There is an open house on Saturday. We aren't able to go so are viewing today then are away all weekend. If we make an offer today do you think estate agents will tell viewers on the open day that we've offered and create a buzz around house, make it seem popular. Or should we wait and offer after open day?

Any estate agents know whether offers are used like this? Any advice appreciated as we are first time buyers and really want the house but it will be popular we think.

YelloDraw Fri 18-Nov-16 07:32:56

Tricky one!

I probably would call after the open morning with my offer.

YonicProbe Fri 18-Nov-16 07:35:14

Yes, I think they will tell viewers

wooooofudge Fri 18-Nov-16 08:08:20

Wait until Monday to make your offer and when you call, and the afternoon if you can, ask how the open house went and if there is any other interest. Depends on the market near you and whether places get snapped up. Might be academic if you don't like it!

Briette Fri 18-Nov-16 08:15:42

I've always asked (and been told) about any preexisting offers when viewing so it's very likely that they will tell and use it to try to coax the other viewers to bid higher, yes.

Imknackeredzzz Fri 18-Nov-16 08:59:24

I'm an agent-absolutely no point making an offer now. They will not cancel the open day regardless so what's the point

Doesn't matter whether they tell the other buyers or not frankly- they will not accept anything until after the open day, as otherwise the vendors will never know if they could have got more.

Everyone will be contacted and offers collated Monday/ so really no point declaring your hand now

miggles33 Fri 18-Nov-16 09:45:46

That's a resounding wait. I need to distract myself somehow for the next few days until we offer I'm not good at playing it cool smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now