Advanced search

Grrrrrr!!! Cowboys!

(3 Posts)
puddeycat Thu 17-Nov-16 18:09:18

We are in process of selling our house and hoping to exchange soon. Only thing that is holding us up is our boiler.
We had it replaced about 2 months ago by a man who (we thought) was registered etc but when we have come to sell we have been told we don't have an installation certificate etc. And now the Man is nowhere to be found! Phone number not working and company not listed. And most importantly he hasn't registered the work!
So we have a dilemma! What do we do? I really need to sort something asap! Any help will be appreciated!

lalalonglegs Thu 17-Nov-16 18:49:48

If I were you, I'd get a qualified gas engineer to come and check the work and make good any defects. You can see if they will at least then issue a gas safety certificate (of the type that landlords have to have) if not an installation certificate.

YelloDraw Thu 17-Nov-16 19:18:28

What lalalonglegs said

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now