Talk

Advanced search

Cheam, Sutton - Parking

(9 Posts)
ComputerSaysNoooo Thu 17-Nov-16 17:46:04

Hello,

Wasn't sure the best place to post this but basically I'm moving to a road near Cheam station that has a 2 hour parking restriction.

Sutton Council have informed me that I would not qualify for a resident permit nor am I allowed visitor permits.

I don't know the area so I wonder if somebody local could suggest some ideas?

During the week it's mainly fine as I work full time but I can't fathom moving the car every two hours every Saturday. I read that the Cheam station car park costs £3.40 on Saturday which is fine.

My big issue would be the school holidays as I am a teacher. Are there any roads near to the station that are free to park on?? I suppose this is wishful thinking.

I looked into renting a driveway or space nearby but the closest one is half a mile away.

My username sums up how helpful Sutton Council were. smile

FallenSky Thu 17-Nov-16 17:47:53

Why can you not get a residents permit?

ComputerSaysNoooo Thu 17-Nov-16 18:28:48

Because the road is not a residents zone. It is a restricted zone. I hadn't realised there was a difference before I took the flat. Nobody on the road qualifies for residents parking.

Chicken86 Thu 17-Nov-16 19:30:44

I do lots of home visits around there with my job, and agree, parking is a nightmare!

https://www.southernrailwayparking.com/consumer/find-and-book/carparks/cheam

Not sure if this would help you, depending on how close you are to the station confused

MaryPoppinsPenguins Thu 17-Nov-16 19:32:14

There are a few side roads around there... beyond peaches close and into Sutton the other way that have parking but they're few and far between... most places around there have residents parking.

helterskelter99 Thu 17-Nov-16 20:47:32

Ah this explains why parking is a nightmare.
there are plenty have a walk round when you move in

ComputerSaysNoooo Fri 18-Nov-16 07:59:42

Thanks all, school hols still a few weeks away so plenty of time to sort something out, I hope!

The station on a Saturday could definitely work. And at least there's a two-hour at a time slot, it's not like it's a no-go on the street altogether x

ComputerSaysNoooo Fri 18-Nov-16 08:00:55

Whoops random x there lol

grin

Beeches58 Fri 25-Nov-16 22:07:42

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now