Advanced search

3 pieces of worktop in a spare shape. Can middle bit be removed

(6 Posts)
Chloeneedshelp Thu 17-Nov-16 08:08:04

I have 3 pieces of black worktop joined together in 2 corners. Presumably by glue. The middle piece needs replacing. Builder says it's possible. Any ideas? He can't come until after Christmas and I'm worried the worktop will have sold out.

lauraknightc Thu 17-Nov-16 10:58:54


yes it probably can be done but if you have tiles above it I would be worried about removing the worktop without damaging the tiles. Is it a special type of worktop for it to sell out?

Chloeneedshelp Thu 17-Nov-16 13:09:46

It's just been available a long time. We were surprised it was still available to buy again. There's no tiles but upstands instead.

PigletJohn Thu 17-Nov-16 13:43:34

worktop pieces are usually joined together with clamps recessed into the underside.

But I can't visualise what you mean. Show us a pic and/or tell us the dimensions.

Chloeneedshelp Thu 17-Nov-16 16:18:48

It's like a 'U' shape with 1 piece worktop joined at the corner to the second piece which runs under the window and has the sink in it, followed by the 3rd piece also joined at the corner. So the second piece is inbetween piece 1 and 3 and joined to them both. Had a look underneath and you are correct, held together by 3 clamps but also I can see glue. How will they separate the joints to remove the middle piece of worktop when it is glued. Not sure how to send a photo.

PigletJohn Thu 17-Nov-16 18:46:32

careful sawing, perhaps.

If you can identify or match the worktop, it probably comes from one of the big makers, in which case even if your usual retailer stops stocking it, it will be available elsewhere.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now