Talk

Advanced search

Sold and moving what to clean ?

(12 Posts)
Mommasoph Sun 13-Nov-16 16:48:47

Ok so moving weds obviously cleaning bathroom and kitchen . Was planning on cleaning inside all kitchen cupboards sweeping floor and doing bathroom toilet sink etc .

The oven is clean but doesn't look it ! -Any tips ! The front glass is stained

namechangedtoday15 Sun 13-Nov-16 16:59:28

Everything!! As you'd expect to find it!

OohhThatsMe Sun 13-Nov-16 17:02:32

Try the dishwasher tablet trick on the glass.

RuskBaby Sun 13-Nov-16 17:03:55

As much as you can!
When we moved in, the previous occupiers had left such a state - I don't think they had ever cleaned inside things. I will always employ a cleaner to do a deep clean now as and when we move. My memory of them is that they are filthy and I would not want to be known in the same way.

nancy75 Sun 13-Nov-16 17:05:24

It would be a nice thing to have the oven cleaned, you can usually get it done for about £40 and they come up like new.

Ifailed Sun 13-Nov-16 17:11:12

With all the packing etc, I paid someone to do a deep clean. They knew what they were doing, had all the 'professional' stuff and I felt happy that I had done my fair duty to the new householders.
They cleaned all the windows (in & out), wiped down woodwork, hoovered and moped as appropriate, cleaned all bathroom stuff, in and outside of the (defrosted) fridge and freezer, the washing machine & dryer, the hob, hood, grill and oven. To be honest, when they had finished I was tempted to move back in!

Mommasoph Sun 13-Nov-16 18:36:38

What is the dishwasher tablet trick !??? I'm
Planning on leaving house clean and as I would expect to find it . Just annoyed with oven :/!

Mommasoph Sun 13-Nov-16 18:52:32

This is bathroom and kitchen .

wooooofudge Sun 13-Nov-16 19:14:01

If you have packers then go round after them and dust, including skirtings which have been inaccessible, and hoover. If you have a garage, sweep that out when it's empty.

Mommasoph Sun 13-Nov-16 19:22:03

Thanks ! I'm going to hover and sweep Tuesday and dust , and the. Clean again wed after removers have been in !

JT05 Sun 13-Nov-16 21:24:03

Put soda crystals down the sink drains, clean pop up sink plugs and shower traps. Use white vinegar to de scale shower heads.

Our new bathroom smelt damp after being empty for a week until I realised it was the sinks, traps and plugs that were not clean.

OohhThatsMe Sun 13-Nov-16 22:16:02

The dishwasher tablet thing (not that I've done it!) is you get a tablet, wet it, rub it over the glass of the oven, then leave it a while (I think) and then it cleans off the gunk. I should have a go myself, really!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now