Talk

Advanced search

Cleaning that film of grout off tiles.

(7 Posts)
ohdearme1958 Sun 13-Nov-16 14:10:21

I've just had 2 new bathrooms installed. I'm happy with the work but I'm at a loss as to how to clean my tiles. I've scrubbed them down maybe 3 times but that film keeps re-appearing in places. I even bought some residue remover but it's not that great.

I've only attempted one bathroom and I'm dreading doing the second. Does anyone have any advice to offer re cleaning pls.

Thank you

olderthanyouthink Sun 13-Nov-16 16:18:35

That film, as in a fine layer of grout?

When we were having bathrooms done we were told to wash it off so many hours later or it would be a pain to get off. We didn't do it in time and lots of scrubbing was needed.

awkward91 Sun 13-Nov-16 16:26:41

When we did our bathroom I found that the only thing that worked was using quite abrasive dish cloths dry to scrub off the residue. Introducing water or any type of cleaning products didn't work at all.

justdontevenfuckingstart Sun 13-Nov-16 16:29:35

Have you tried HG cement and Grout film remover? Can get it off Walls & Floors and probably Amazon.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 13-Nov-16 16:31:08

Cif?

justdontevenfuckingstart Sun 13-Nov-16 16:32:03

And what tiles do you have? I they are riven quite often the residue stays in the water so is left behind once dried off. Better to dry behind you rather than air dry.

Fluffyears Thu 24-Nov-16 19:08:11

HG products are awesome so I'd second trying it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now