Talk

Advanced search

Where to move to in Herefordshire with family

(3 Posts)
Blossombee Sat 12-Nov-16 13:09:02

Hello
This question has probably been asked before but I've read many post similar to this and none of them had the same requirements. This will be complicated so please bare with me. We would like to move to Herefordshire, ideally in the middle of nowhere ( 4x4 and working from home) BUT we now have a toddler and MIL lives with us. Therefore we would need to be close to activities for our baby, within 30min away max from a big town for Morhercare or similar, Waitrose or Sainsbury's, nearby playgrounds etc. It's a different scenario for MIL. She has Alzheimer's and currently attends a day care with activities etc every day of the week. She loves it so we would have to be close to a day care where transport is included. Now the house: we are looking for at least 4 bed with an annexe, detached older style with at least 1-2 acres. Hoping to eventually get a few farm animals. The last thing is the mains water. I haven't been able to find out if there are any soft water areas in Herefordshire but the soft water is important to us. I know this is a long list but does anyone think that this place even existst? We narrowed it down to the south but I would like to hear from anyone who knows of a better area? We wouldn't mind crossing the border a little bit if it meant Wales. Any suggestions will be much appreciated Xxxxxx

Shadowboy Sun 13-Nov-16 21:08:53

I live on the border between Herefordshire and Gloucestershire. (Much Marcle/Ledbury) the water here is pretty soft. Really good schools and countryside and very accessible. Hereford is 35min away and Worcester 35min away as is Gloucester (30 min away)

Feel free to ask me any questions about the area. We have a 4 bed semi (substantial house) with half an acre in a sought after village with a recent valuation of £349,000. Something with 2 acres approx you will be looking at £500,000-£600,000 unless you go further south into the Forest of Dean or north-west which again is cheaper.

Blossombee Sun 13-Nov-16 21:52:45

Thank you for your answer. This would be within our price range however we would like to be closer to the Forest of Dean so perhaps we could afford a little bit more space if ever needed. However we have never been to Herefordshire before. Is flooding a big issue in Herefordshire? I realised that there is a Herefordshire local mumsnet area too so I've posted this question on there as well. We have never been to Herefordshire but fell in love watching escape to the country!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now