We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone used the Laura Ashley design service?

(4 Posts)
yourphone Mon 07-Nov-16 17:10:14

I've got an odd shaped living room. It has 2 doors that make a thoroughfare through one part, 3 windows of different sizes and a fireplace.
It's furnished with mismatched items and no curtains.
I think it's begging for an expert to advise on curtains and furniture placement and what to put the telly on.
£50 seems a bargain.
Any opinions?

united4ever Tue 08-Nov-16 17:25:51

No, but my wife likes Laura Ashley......think there stuff look s good if you live in an older house like a victorian period building or even an old cottage. We live in a 60's semi.......don't think it looks right for us and think we should stick to more modern.

£50 pound sounds ok but of course it's a chance for them to push their goods so I expect they get customers ordering hundreds of pounds worth of furniture from each visit which is how they make it pay....anything beyond the £50 is up to you.

Kaisha02 Tue 08-Nov-16 20:02:58

Share a room layout diagram here and we can advise if that helps? I love LA. Do you want to furnish your entire room with LA? Do you have a style preference/tendency to lean towards or away from particular colours? I've just renovated a property using a lot of LA so happy to advise.

Allthebestnamesareused Fri 18-Nov-16 13:29:05

I used it in the house we currently live in because the windows in our living room are huge, we had a square bay and separate window in the bedroom that needed roman blinds and also curtains and everywhere else couldn't cope with these styles!

It helps to have had a good look through their book to see what colours, styles you like and I pretty much knew what I wanted. I did it when their sales were on (and if I had ordered online I'd have just got 30% off) but going through the designer got 54% off everything even the curtain poles, filials etc. They can also recommend fitters etc.

I would think it might be overwhelming if you are not already familiar with the styles they have but they can do you a lovely mood board if you do want just ideas and to source similar items elsewhere.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now