Advanced search

Are you KIDDING ME?! (Sale based rant)

(81 Posts)
GinIsIn Mon 07-Nov-16 15:03:15

Due to exchange tomorrow. Buyer has dragged, dragged and dragged some more, then turned around today and said they want £15k off the price. We already took £20k off the price for them at the start of the process. I am NOT shifting, and they are utter CUNTWEASELS!!!!

Can anyone suggest some creative revenge ideas for once they've moved in, if by some miracle this sodding sale does go through?

MaryPoppinsPenguins Mon 07-Nov-16 15:05:27

Prawns in the curtain rail ;)

MaryPoppinsPenguins Mon 07-Nov-16 15:06:10

So are you still on for exchange though? Or are they pulling out?

WaxingNinja Mon 07-Nov-16 15:09:03

I honestly think in this situation I might tell them to go fuck themselves and refuse to sell to them, even if they did back down and drop their request for another 15k reduction, even if it was cutting off my nose to spite my face..

It's a shitty stunt to pull the day before exchange. Cunts.

glenthebattleostrich Mon 07-Nov-16 15:15:08

I'd go back to them and increase the price by 20% as a wanker tax.

And take out all the lightbulbs, replacing them with blown ones if you can, so they don't realise until it's already dark.

Ginslinger Mon 07-Nov-16 15:16:35

I'd start by instructing your agent to put the property back on the market and book a few viewings for other properties ...

...if the sale does go through then tell everyone what they tried to do and leave a turd in every loo

PurpleDaisies Mon 07-Nov-16 15:17:57

Say no to the reduction. That's it.

Don't do the whole revenge thing. They're arseholes but taking the moral high ground is a much nicer feeling than waiting to hear if they're going to chase you for cleaning costs.

loobylou10 Mon 07-Nov-16 15:24:59

Don't budge on the price! I would actually rather lose a sale than give into twattery poke this. Might be cutting your nose off to spite your face but so be it.

GinIsIn Mon 07-Nov-16 15:26:49

YES to wanker tax!! I've said that if we don't exchange tomorrow at the original price then they can forget it, and that I will be putting the property back on the market at 10am.

I currently don't know if we are going ahead or if they are pulling out. angry

OohhThatsMe Mon 07-Nov-16 15:28:47

Hold tight. Don't give in. They're trying it on at the last minute, hoping your nerve will fail.

PurpleDaisies Mon 07-Nov-16 15:30:22

Have they given any reason at all for the price reduction?

HeartsTrumpDiamonds Mon 07-Nov-16 15:30:58

I feel for you OP. This might happen to us in the next few days. I don't trust our buyers AT ALL. The whole process sucks.

shovetheholly Mon 07-Nov-16 15:40:58

This is an awful way to behave. I'm so sorry you're going through this.

GinIsIn Mon 07-Nov-16 15:54:06

They claim it's 'because of the market'. I pointed out to them that as we gave them an initial reduction for exactly that reason, and that the pound is now on the rise, that's bollocks and I won't be negotiating. I am thinking about posting them live cockroaches....

GinIsIn Mon 07-Nov-16 15:55:02

And thanks for the support - still feeling murderously angry, but less like I might actually go and do it..... grin

GrumpySausage Mon 07-Nov-16 15:58:50

This is my worst nightmare. flowers OP.
Are you in a chain? Hope it all comes good.

MuggaTea Mon 07-Nov-16 16:00:41

Hold your nerve

TheCrowFromBelow Mon 07-Nov-16 16:01:55

God what a nightmare, I hate people who do this it's so selfish and greedy when you've already agreed a price.
Do you have an EA or are you handling the sale yourself? Exchange quite often doesn't happen until late in the day due to solicitors, make sure your solicitor is aware of all of this.

slightlypeevedwombat Mon 07-Nov-16 16:04:59

I'd put it back on the market today, and i'd tell them original price now as they are trying to mess you around.

AnneEyhtMeyer Mon 07-Nov-16 16:09:52

I would be cutting my nose off and telling them I wouldn't sell to them at all. Utter bastards.

OohhThatsMe Mon 07-Nov-16 16:27:12

Look, they want to exchange as much as you do. Hold tight and tell them absolutely no chance. Tell them you're prepared to cancel everything - they'll be completely stuck then.

GinIsIn Mon 07-Nov-16 16:27:45

We do have an EA, and they've been really good actually.

No chain as the buyer dragged on so long we had to go ahead any buy our new house anyway.... hmm

ofudginghell Mon 07-Nov-16 16:38:06

Bugger the moral high ground I'm afraid. That's very shitty of them.
If and when they do go ahead (fingers crossed for you)on the day you leave I would personally shake every light bulb and put back in place. wink

I like the prawns in the curtains thing as posted up thread.
Also like the idea of a very small bag of leaks chopped up and left behind a cupboard carcass somewhere. It will drive them mad looking for the smell. grin
Sorry it's no help but may make you smile. gringrin

ClarkL Mon 07-Nov-16 17:20:11

sign up to masses and masses of junk mail for them
Flush multiple babywipes down the loo
Glow in the dark paint on the fences
Add googly eyes everywhere so they always feel watched
Hang a wind chime outside bedroom window a bit too far out for the to reach (ideally you'll have a big ladder for this)
Buy your neighbours son a drum kit (if neighbour doesn't have a son, try and adopt one for them)
Have you a lawn out the front? Could you poor weedkiller down on your last day calling them cunts? Or better still, plant many many bulbs now spelling out cunts in the flower bed

Then please come back and confirm what you did smile

lalalonglegs Mon 07-Nov-16 17:42:44

Take all the shelves out of the kitchen units. If the stopcock is in an obscure place, turn it until the water out of taps is reduced to a dribble.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now