Talk

Advanced search

Lino

(8 Posts)
LagoDiComo Sun 06-Nov-16 20:34:44

Hi there, I'm quite interested in this for our kitchen but worried it seems thinner than some I've seen, and other samples I have. Does anyone know much about this type of flooring and could tell me if it's a good idea? I'm not particularly trying to save money but like the quiet feel of Lino and the look of mosaic tiles albeit I appreciate it's a bit tacky! TIA
thecarpetman.co/product/ultragrip-buzz-709m-lisbon/

johnd2 Sun 06-Nov-16 21:10:45

We put lino in our bathroom and toilet upstairs.
We spent a couple of days looking and found the quality and thickness vary a lot. In the end we practically went for the most expensive, it was 80 pounds in the end cos the shop owner rounded it down.
Admittedly it was only 3m by 1.5m and a kitchen would be much more, but I think it's great and I just laid it myself.

johnd2 Sun 06-Nov-16 21:12:03

I forgot to say if you're worried it's too thin, put something underneath it.

wooooofudge Sun 06-Nov-16 21:13:46

If you have a table and chairs in the kitchen, you'll probably need something thicker/stronger. That pattern is not nice btw.

Hoppinggreen Sun 06-Nov-16 22:08:56

That not Lino, its vinyl.
I've used vinyl sheet in bedrooms but it's not usually a great idea in high traffic areas - I used to work for a commercial floor manufacturer.
I would suggest you look at karndean or similar, preferably vinyl tiles or planks

wooooofudge Sun 06-Nov-16 22:17:50

Hopping - there are lots of people who call sheet vinyl lino. I've given up correcting. LVT probably isn't an option if saving money is on the cards.

Wrinklytights Sun 06-Nov-16 23:53:27

The top layer is very thin. I think vinyl that is trying to look like something else - wood, tile etc - is not the best tbh.

Hoppinggreen Mon 07-Nov-16 10:01:36

I know woo it's just that it's VERY VERY different and I worry that some might buy some by mistake and be totally unable to fit it - even a lot of flooring companies can't/won't fit Lino.
Possibly I'm just being pedantic

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now