Talk

Advanced search

Which paint - Dulux normal or Endurance?

(10 Posts)
AmericanPastoral Wed 02-Nov-16 22:58:59

Which paint would you recommend for a house we're going to rent out? Would normal Dulux paint be fine or is it better to go for a harder wearing paint like Endurance? Thanks.

ApplesTheHare Thu 03-Nov-16 05:12:46

Endurance will probably save you money in the long run. We have it in our heavily used and abused hallway and it's done really well. It's much easier to clean too.

HollyBollyBooBoo Thu 03-Nov-16 05:28:25

Endurance for sure - easy to wipe off loads of marks.

AmericanPastoral Thu 03-Nov-16 09:49:53

Thanks very much.

SugarMiceInTheRain Thu 03-Nov-16 09:52:03

Yep, I was coming on to say the same thing. It's a bit more costly but will wipe clean and last a lot longer so save you money in the long run.

AmericanPastoral Thu 03-Nov-16 10:00:24

Thanks Sugar.

8misskitty8 Thu 03-Nov-16 10:59:47

Either must be better than Dulux once range.
3 coats on my hall walls (grey over magnolia) and it is still all patchy and as soon as you touch a bit it marks.

Ruhrpott Thu 03-Nov-16 13:26:22

I bought endurance on offer at Wickes and it wasn't that much more expensive than normal dulux. Compared the prices before you buy. There was quite a big difference in price between the big diy chains when we got ours. Ours was a bogof offer so we ended up with more paint than we needed but I'm sure we'll use it up sometime.

SmellTheGlove Fri 04-Nov-16 07:21:33

Love Endurance. Great to put on as well - looked brilliant after 2 coats even with my amateurish rollering! They can colour mix it too so not limited to colours in the range.

AmericanPastoral Fri 04-Nov-16 09:42:06

Thanks 8miss, Ruhr and Smell.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now