Talk

Advanced search

Handleless kitchen doors - sore on fingers?

(9 Posts)
daro Wed 02-Nov-16 14:09:09

I am in the late stage in planning my new kitchen. I have wanted handleless all along but the handleless i am getting is a cutout U at the top of the door, with the outside edge lower than the inside (hope that explanation makes sense) I am now having a last minute panic that this will be very annoying to open especially the heavy doors, integrated F/F and DW.

Because we are getting a joiner to do it, he hasn't a showroom so i hadnt really figured out there are different handless options.(i know!!) I think what i really want in the square top that you put you fingers over and the grip is easier but that isnt an option at this late stage sad

Has anyone any input into this? Do you have this type of door and does it annoy you?

I was thinking of swapping the door around and putting the bigger lip on the outside but that then means you have to put a 'bar' across inside the drawer to cover the gap needed to put in our fingers.
Thanks for reading smile

ShortLass Wed 02-Nov-16 18:24:27

Are you having a "C" shape or a "J" shape?

www.truehandlelesskitchens.co.uk/why-true-handleless-kitchens.html

daro Wed 02-Nov-16 21:19:39

Hi Shortlass.
The j shape. That is the problem isnt it.

GiddyOnZackHunt Thu 03-Nov-16 17:50:53

I don't find our J cupboards awkward at all.

jelly10 Thu 03-Nov-16 17:55:07

We have the J shape and I haven't had any problems - we don't have an integrated fridge freezer but the dishwasher hasn't been awkward at all. I really like the look of the J shape, very pleased with it.

Achangeisadgoodasarest Thu 03-Nov-16 18:03:50

No discomfort at all from ours. Always full of bloody crumbs though angry

paulapantsdown Thu 03-Nov-16 18:14:19

My friend said she would not get them again as they fill up with dust/crumbs and become another thing to clean, and she kept knocking her knuckles.

pimmsy Thu 03-Nov-16 23:23:02

Would you consider "Push to open latches"?

I have them in my kitchen and find them great.

daro Fri 04-Nov-16 20:28:39

Thank you for the replies.

Pimmsy I would consider push to open but then u lose soft close. And I'm not sure how that would work with built in appliances which is what I am most worried about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now