Alarm system advice

(5 Posts)
wonderstuff100 Tue 01-Nov-16 20:27:00

We were burgled over the weekend. Im a single mum with a 7 year old so this has shaken me up. I have fitted alarms to both doors but I still want to look into getting an alarm system for the hole house.

Does anyone have one or can advise on a good one to get?

wooooofudge Wed 02-Nov-16 20:06:36

I'd find a local firm that installs and maintains alarms and get them round to advise and give you a quote. They should be registered with an approved body. Have the police given you a victim support leaflet at all? They should be able to give you some general advice.

OpheliaMoo Wed 02-Nov-16 21:21:05

Having a house alarm is something I've been considering for a while but I'm worried that it'll be too expensive so interested to know too.

I've done a bit of research and it seems a bit of a minefield in terms of the cost of a monitored alarm versus unmonitored and so just a deterrent.

I've also seen alarms that can link to your phone, which I think I like the idea of but again, several £000s outlay.

So nothing useful to add for you, but am interested in the answer too

OrangeSquashTallGlass Wed 02-Nov-16 21:30:59

I don't have much advice but I just wanted to say that I'm so sorry that happened to you.

I think I remember hearing that alarms should really be NSI approved ones. You could Google 'NSI approved alarm systems'?

johnd2 Fri 04-Nov-16 09:01:09

If you know someone handy you can get a wireless alarm for a couple of hundred and fit it. That's what I did. I paid an extra 30 recently for a second alarm sounder for the back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now