Underfloor heating controls

(10 Posts)
Tumtitum Sun 30-Oct-16 08:18:16

We only discovered after we moved into our house that there is underfloor heating in our kitchen. There is a control panel but we can't figure out how to set any timings, we can only turn it on or off. We need a few things doing around the house so will be getting an electrician in anyway; would they be able to install a new set of controls without us having any details of the make etc??

Svalberg Mon 31-Oct-16 12:47:49

What make is it and is it a wet or an electric system?

Svalberg Mon 31-Oct-16 12:48:34

Oh, sorry, you said you didn't know the make.

Svalberg Mon 31-Oct-16 12:53:10

If it's an electric system, an electrician should be able to replace the controller with one that you can program, or even show you how to use the one that you have. You should be able at least to set the temperature setpoint with what you have. This is the one that we have:

www.edwardes.co.uk/en/products/thermonet-5265-7-day-programmer?

Loumate666 Mon 31-Oct-16 12:56:55

Maybe upload a piccie of the control panel? If it's one of these, I maybe able to help.

MauiChristmas Mon 31-Oct-16 21:36:55

We can't turn programme ours either it's always on on a thermostat when the boiler is on. Something to do with it costing more to have it come on and off twice a day than stay on permanently low....

Tumtitum Mon 31-Oct-16 22:30:12

This is what it looks like; not the clearest photo as the light in here is shite I'm afraid!!

InformalRoman Tue 01-Nov-16 13:25:25

Googling your picture comes up with:

TFAEY-309L 220VAC Underfloor Heating Thermostat with Blacklight Large LCD 20A

Couldn't find an instruction manual for it though.

I'd suggest getting an electrician to swap it out for something easier to use - we had a Warm Up thermostat that was super easy to use (like this one).

Tumtitum Tue 01-Nov-16 16:17:03

I didn't even know you could google photos!! Thank you smile

OrangeFluff Tue 01-Nov-16 16:46:48

I have the exact same problem and the exact same control panel for my bathroom. Can only turn it off and on! Didn't know we had underfloor heating until we moved in. We also have it in the kitchen with an entirely different control panel that we also cannot work! Still it feels nice on our feet...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now