Talk

Advanced search

No heating but have hot water!

(13 Posts)
pennymp Sat 29-Oct-16 14:42:53

Help!! I've got a Worcester greenstar 24i junior!

My hot water is working fine but I can't get the heating to work. I have a thermostat which you control the temperature with. My pressure is on 1.5 as I thought this could have been the issue, but clearly not.

WhatsGoingOnEh Sat 29-Oct-16 15:00:00

Is that a combi boiler?

Eddmr Sat 29-Oct-16 15:00:56

3 way value.

justdontevenfuckingstart Sat 29-Oct-16 15:01:06

Is your thermostat still 'talking' to your boiler. i had to reset mine this week.

pennymp Sat 29-Oct-16 15:20:34

What is a 3 way valve? I don't get this sort of stuff. I don't think it's a combo, and I've put fresh batteries into my thermostat and clicked the little override button to get it to connect to the thermostat but still nothing

Marcipex Sat 29-Oct-16 15:23:11

Sounds like the diaphragm has failed.

FemaleDilbert Sat 29-Oct-16 15:24:08

I second the three way value

DesolateWaist Sat 29-Oct-16 15:26:24

It's a combi if it only fires up to heat the water or to put the heating on.

I had this problem and the problem was simple but it required a plumber to fix.

In the boiler there is a valve that makes the hot water either go round the heating system or to come out of the hot taps.
I while ago I had the problem that the valve got stuck half way and every time I ran the hot water it heated up the radiators.

It could be that the valve is stuck just letting the water come out of the tap and not sending it off round the heating system.

pennymp Sat 29-Oct-16 15:45:20

I think it is a combi, where abouts is the valve?

timeforachangeithink Sat 29-Oct-16 15:46:53

I had this in my combi, was the diaphragm, I had to tell the engineer that cause they came 4 times to fix it and couldn't figure it out. Took me 5 mins on Google to get the answer.

Millipedewithherfeetup Sat 29-Oct-16 15:47:48

Call a heating engineer, dont try and mess around with a gas boiler yourself !

pennymp Sat 29-Oct-16 15:50:25

Okay was just seeing if it was anything I needed doing before contacting my landlord as I didn't want her getting an engineer out if it was something that I could have easily done or have missed! Thanks Guys!

DesolateWaist Sat 29-Oct-16 15:53:52

Nothing that you could do OP.
You need to get a qualified person in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now