Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone ever built their own house?

(2 Posts)
Bailey101 Thu 27-Oct-16 20:17:30

And if so, would you do it again?

I'm considering going down the self build route, but I only know enough about the construction industry to know that I'm completely clueless blush I love the idea of building my own house and having exactly what I want, but I don't know if I have the nerve for it.

I've found so many options, everything from kit houses & turnkey services through to starting completely from scratch with your own contractors, I don't know where to start - any advice would be gratefully received!

If it makes any difference, I'll be mortgaging at least 60%, possibly more depending on how big of a contingency fund I'll need.

pinkpanda101 Fri 28-Oct-16 15:00:25

We are 6 weeks away from finishing our self-build. It's a Potton timber-frame house but fairly modern design. We engaged a project manager who has dealt with the planning, the contractors, services and all the horrible stuff. We have been quite hands on in terms of the layout and all the internal stuff. And it's the house we have been planning and saving up for 14years. It's our forever house smile If you want more info, advice, etc please do PM me. Happy to share pics, ideas. And you can come and visit it if you live nearby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now