Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Kitchen - cooker hoods

(9 Posts)
FlossieFrog Tue 25-Oct-16 14:33:10

Trying to decide between the Elica Leaf or Miele DA5796 or similar. Has anyone any experience of either, or any bad experiences from either make. There will be white wall units either side, and a Miele induction hob below. Whatever we get will be mounted sufficiently high that we don't bang our heads on it. Help!

FlossieFrog Wed 26-Oct-16 18:26:08

Anyone got anything helpful to say about cooker hoods?

OnePlanOnHouzz Wed 26-Oct-16 19:00:47

Have you checked they are suitable extraction rate for the room size ?
What decibels does each kick out ?
The most efficient and quietest model would get my vote !

FlossieFrog Wed 26-Oct-16 20:27:00

They look pretty similar in terms of dB and air throughout. Just don't know how reliable they both are, and the internet seems somewhat lacking in reviews.

MakemineaGandT Wed 26-Oct-16 20:30:10

Beware the 45 degree angle ones - the dirt/grease is on show to the whole room! For that reason I prefer the horizontal type

user1469117700 Wed 26-Oct-16 20:45:32

the Elica has a better air flow and more quiet on full power.
I would also look at other Elica hoods depending on your kitchen design/look as there are quite a few in the same bracket

FlossieFrog Wed 26-Oct-16 20:50:16

Good call G&T - of course there won't be any grease in my kitchen wink.

dynevoran Wed 26-Oct-16 20:59:38

I'm struggling to find one I like as well. Given I have turned mine on twice in the last 12 months I'm loathe to spend a fortune but it's such a big item and without upper cabinets it makes such a big statement I need to like it. So far this is the only one I like visually but is narrower at 60cm than the induction hob will be at 90cm. Any other decent white ones you have seen on your browsing?

Sorry to jump on your thread blush

FlossieFrog Wed 26-Oct-16 22:35:45

Glad I'm not the only one agonising about cooker hoods grin! There are quite a few white glass ones from Elica of various sizes. However quite a few of them are noisier and/or not as efficient as the Leaf. You also need to watch out as some are only recirculators not extractors. To be honest the Miele ones are a bit boring looking, but their appliances are normally very reliable. And their white induction hob doesn't seem to be available in the U.K. despite being shown on p.2 of their brochure angry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now