That gazzumped thread

(13 Posts)
Jammiedodgers Mon 24-Oct-16 12:57:02

I was following a thread about someone who got gazzumped, think it's been removed now can someone tell me how it ended?? Did they buy from the mad people?

Bailey101 Mon 24-Oct-16 13:18:35

I've been keeping an eye out for a part 2 thread - I'm dying to know how the OP got on!

johnd2 Mon 24-Oct-16 13:33:45

I think they are in the end, not sure how much to say as in not sure why it got removed! But it seemed the estate agent was very very dodgy and lied to everyone.

Nannynowamummy Mon 24-Oct-16 13:35:29

OP asked yesterday morning dor it to be removed as she had concerns about 'breaking MN rules'.

She was (as I understood it) worried that the ID of her boss may be recognised in RL.

Jammiedodgers Mon 24-Oct-16 13:59:29

Hopefully there will be an update then! I didn't think there was anything to identifiable. I'd love to know how it all worked out grin

H1ghw4y61Revisited Mon 24-Oct-16 14:57:33

Hi, sorry about the thread delete, a few people had mentioned that the DM trawls MN for stories and put the wind up me a little lol I'll start a new more covert thread to let you know how it goes. grin really have appreciated the advice and support flowers

HarryPottersMagicWand Mon 24-Oct-16 15:41:52

I was following too so would definitely appreciate an update grin. I'm suprised you are still engaging though, I would have told the sellers to do one a long time ago. I can't see it being the EA doing that texting.

H1ghw4y61Revisited Mon 24-Oct-16 15:44:11

Yea...I may live to regret it, but I am forging ahead despite the collective wisdom! blush

HarryPottersMagicWand Mon 24-Oct-16 15:48:16

Oh no! Really? Good luck, unfortunately I think you'll need it! Those sellers sound unhinged and I wouldn't want to deal with them for anything. Please don't tell me you have agreed to pay them more money?!

Jammiedodgers Mon 24-Oct-16 15:52:47

Agreed with PP, they're unhinged! I would run a mile although I was enjoying the updates waiting to see what they pulled out of the bag next. I sense a signing day drama or u move in and they're still there living in the attic confusedthlconfused

FunSponge82 Mon 24-Oct-16 15:55:25

I was having a hangover induced lay in yesterday morning and felt like I was reading a script from Eastenders while reading the thread

I really hope it all goes smoothly from now on and you don't have to meet the vendors. I was open mouthed at the texts you received!
They would have been like a red rag to a bull and I would have pulled the plug on the whole thing

Have you spoken with dp since? It sounded like he made his decision in haste?

Bailey101 Mon 24-Oct-16 17:26:43

Here's hoping the ea and the vendors have had a scare and they'll keep their heads down and get on with it now.

Here's to much less stress going forward wine

Belleende Tue 25-Oct-16 17:07:29

Well I forged ahead with a bonkers purchase. The freehold was a mess, the flat roof leaked, no heating, won't Windows and it was in a well dodgy part of London. My solicitor told me to run a mile. But, I loved it and bought it. Paid £8k and 3 years sorting the freehold. I ended up as the freeholder for the 2 flats in the building (long story). The leases ticked down into the marriage value and I ended up getting a wadge of cash when the arsehole landlord of the other flat wanted to extend the lease. I enjoyed spending that little wind fall. Sometime the sensible choice isn't the best one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now