Talk

Advanced search

Kitchen open shelves

(9 Posts)
lndngg Mon 24-Oct-16 12:17:44

Any suggestions on where I can get these? Every kithcen company I've looked at appears to only have wall cabinets available.

SavoyCabbage Mon 24-Oct-16 12:21:07

I always have IKEA Lack shelves in my kitchen. We've moved so many times we can put them up in our sleep now. They can take a lot of weight and are wide enough for pans.

YelloDraw Mon 24-Oct-16 12:28:54

Nooopo why would you have thing out on show on shelves looking all messy and getting greasy and dusty?

Hide everything in lovely glossy cupboards.

SavoyCabbage Mon 24-Oct-16 12:35:36

grin I also have lovely glossy cupboards but I love the easy access factor of shelves.

Girlwithnotattoos Mon 24-Oct-16 12:36:06

Agree shelves are not a good look, you'll be forever taking all the stuff off to wash the dust off.

SellFridges Mon 24-Oct-16 12:44:33

I have the IKEA lack shelves too. No big problem with dust either confused

SavoyCabbage Mon 24-Oct-16 12:52:01

I use the stuff on mine regularly so I suppose that's why I don't have a dust issue.

JoJoSM2 Mon 24-Oct-16 13:24:55

I had open shelved made out of solid wood planks and industrial strength brackets in our last house. I'd be slightly worried about Ikea floating shelves as they don't take that much weight so they might struggle if you stuffed them full.

Gusthetheatrecat Mon 24-Oct-16 16:59:19

I have open shelves (I LOOOOOOVE them) but only a few, and I also have masses of cupboards.
Mine are boards that our kitchen fitter stained and biffed a bit to make them look more aged, and handmade metal brackets I bought from eBay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now