I'm confused

(6 Posts)
Buzzybuzzybee Fri 21-Oct-16 10:02:45

We've just put in an offer on a house which has been accepted after a bit of haggling. All great so far and, according to the EA, the vendor has asked them to take it off the market. Brilliant!
But the house has been completely removed from zoopla, rightmove etc. It's not even there as 'under offer' or 'sold subject to contract'. Isn't this unusual? On the surface it seems like a good thing for us, but I was just wondering why the vendor might want this done. Any ideas?

wowfudge Fri 21-Oct-16 13:57:04

Because they have agreed a sale to you? Ime estate agents are the ones who don't like completely removing the listing as it means they can register interest from other parties and have a fall back position should the agreed sale not proceed.

Are you worried the vendors don't actually want to sell and have withdrawn the property?

Buzzybuzzybee Fri 21-Oct-16 14:37:12

Ok so perfectly normal then! I've only offered in a property once before which went to 'under offer' and 'sstc' without being removed from the websites so thought that was the usual way to do things. Thanks wow

thenewaveragebear1983 Fri 21-Oct-16 15:19:30

Have you searched for it on rightmove - you need to adjust your search criteria to include sstc properties. Sorry if you've already done that! We couldn't find ours for a while but found it eventually

Buzzybuzzybee Fri 21-Oct-16 16:14:43

Thanks bear, we did search rightmove and ticked the 'include sold properties' box but it wasn't there. I'm struggling to think of dodgy reasons for this to be done, so I guess it's probably all above board. I suppose I should ask the EA since it's niggling me.

thenewaveragebear1983 Fri 21-Oct-16 16:35:23

I would have thought that if they had withdrawn it from sale you'd have been told pretty quickly so try not to worry - it's probably good that they aren't advertising it at all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now