Talk

Advanced search

Chap payment.

(7 Posts)
darumafan Wed 12-Oct-16 18:13:16

Can anyone help? I completed the sale of my mums house today. It's a probate sale. The buyers have the keys, the solicitors have signed everything off as completed. I paid a fee in order to have the funds sent via CHAPS, my solicitor advised me at 10.30 this morning that the funds had been telegraphed. It's now just after 6pm and no sign of the money.
I have spent all afternoon hitting the refresh button on my online bank but it's not there.
I'm panicking a bit now, have I been ripped off?

PigletJohn Wed 12-Oct-16 19:50:30

IME the money will have been sent to the solicitor's account.

Who is the executor?

MrsPnut Wed 12-Oct-16 19:59:22

Did the solicitor tell you that they had received the payment? Because it would have been sent to them by the buyer. The payment would then been sent to you, and the CHAPS deadline is 3pm iirc.

H1ghw4y61Revisited Wed 12-Oct-16 22:29:06

A chaps payment send at 10:30 isn't the same as funds available in your solicitors client account at 10:30, the chaps payment can take until 6pm to clear. As mentioned the deadline for same day transfer is 3pm. Just give them a call in the morning and check if they have sent the funds to you yet. Assuming you haven't emailed your bank details I don't think you have anything to worry about, just possibly a miscommunication about timescales. 😊

darumafan Thu 13-Oct-16 08:16:24

I am executor of the will. The solicitor told me that they had received funds from the mortgage company, the estate agent has been paid. I was told at 10.30 that my solicitor had telegraphed the funds to me. The buyers are in and still no sign of the funds, I'm really panicking now.

H1ghw4y61Revisited Thu 13-Oct-16 08:26:44

Just call your solicitor and check if the funds have left their account.

johnd2 Thu 13-Oct-16 16:21:33

How did you give your solicitor your bank details? how do they think you gave your bank details? Do they match your actual details? Check over the phone the numbers they used.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now