Advanced search

Building control query

(5 Posts)
wowfudge Tue 11-Oct-16 13:00:43

How easy is it to move from using the council's building control officer to an independent one? We were due to have a wall removed and steel put in at the end of this week, but the BC officer can't attend to sign off on the work so the builder wants to rearrange.

johnd2 Tue 11-Oct-16 15:48:17

Should be easy as long as you're happy to pay the extra cost and the privete inspector is happy that the work conforms.
Call some and explain the situation and get a quote and timescales.

wowfudge Tue 11-Oct-16 22:22:54

Thank you - we now have an alternative date from the builder, co-ordinated with BC which is just a couple of weeks away. We've a lot going on at the moment so I can live with that.

johnd2 Wed 12-Oct-16 08:14:43

Seems funny they're so slow-ours said their policy is if you call before mid morning they'll come before mid afternoon. They were much cheaper then a private one and the only slow part so far is checking over the plans first.

wowfudge Wed 12-Oct-16 10:13:44

We've been advised there is no one available. Perhaps the BCO for our area is on holiday, who knows. They are not known for their speed and in our area the council is not exactly progressive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now