Advanced search


(3 Posts)
NameChangeChangedName Tue 11-Oct-16 09:12:04

Name changed but regular poster

My Dear Mother lives with Dsis but now wants to move out as sharing a room with dsis is not really working.

How does a OAP afford deposits and all the other costs of renting,as a family we haven't got much money but once we sort out deposits etc then we can help with rent. DD will be moving with her,they found a place in an area they like but still need to find £2,200 ontop of buying furniture etc.

I would love to move myself but cannot afford deposits,I can't even afford my rent. How do people do it?

sparechange Tue 11-Oct-16 09:17:21

The situation you ar describing is very unusual. Not many OAPs would be looking to set up their own home away from family for the first time.

Have you tried approaching your council to see if any loans or grants are available?

Would it not be easier for you sister, daughter and mother to all try and find a bigger place together, as running 1 bigger household will be cheaper than running 2 separate smaller ones

NameChangeChangedName Tue 11-Oct-16 09:28:10

Dsis is married with kids so they both want their own space. DD lives with me but wants to move out with her nan. Council said she would have to find a private landlord herself and have me or someone in the family as a guarantor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now