Talk

Advanced search

Copper/rose gold ceiling pendants and other metals

(12 Posts)
loopsngeorge Thu 06-Oct-16 14:59:39

I need some interior design help! I love those copper ceiling pendants that you keep seeing everywhere and was thinking of having three over the island, but I've realised there will be quite a lot of silver elsewhere in the kitchen ie. stainless steel fridge American fridge freezer and chrome downlighters in the ceiling.

Do you think that colour ceiling pendant will therefore look weird? I haven't been able to find many pictures of these kind of lights in situ so I'm struggling to visualise it. Do you notice the colour of your LED downlighters much??

wowfudge Thu 06-Oct-16 15:36:52

What's the colour of the finish inside the pendants? Often it will be aluminium so will go with your stainless steel, etc.

loopsngeorge Fri 07-Oct-16 07:41:14

Good point about the interior, but I think that the ones I've been looking at are copper all through.

Pradaqueen Sat 08-Oct-16 13:19:41

Have a look at this one. Stainless steel cooker behind. They have changed the down lighters to white though. Copper plus marble is a classic look. Is that what you were thinking of?

www.google.co.uk/search?q=copper+pendant+light+in+a+kitchen&client=safari&hl=en-gb&prmd=isnv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiGlr2VmMvPAhWIKcAKHYTYB2AQ_AUIBygB&biw=375&bih=559#imgrc=aITQwmWdfBWgzM%3A

namechangedtoday15 Sat 08-Oct-16 20:01:33

I could have written your post. We don't have a stainless steel FF but do have NEFF stainless steel ovens, silver knobs on cabinets etc but copper & glass pendants.

For me, I love the copper, I think it adds interest, an extra dimension. It probably doesn't match - but kitchen appliances don't come in copper yet Tom Dixon et al are all using copper in kitchen pendants so thats good enough for me smile

JoJoSM2 Sat 08-Oct-16 23:28:08

I wouldn't worry to much. Treat it as statement lamps no different to any other colours even though they happen to be metallic. Also, it makes sense to use a more timeless colour on appliances, door knobs on cabinets etc. whereas the lights can easily be changed when copper is out of fashion in 2,3 or however many years.

SquinkiesRule Sun 09-Oct-16 09:21:16

They have Copper, Chrome and Brushed steel ones in Dunelm Steel and they have copper

loopsngeorge Sun 09-Oct-16 22:54:28

Thanks everyone, that's really useful. I think I will take the plunge then!

redmimi Sun 09-Oct-16 23:01:51

I was going with a copper theme but loved these lights which go with cream kitchen. We put people caked gold and no issue with stainless steel appliances but they do have silver. https://m.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-single-droplet-led-pendant-ceiling-light/p/1891410

loopsngeorge Mon 10-Oct-16 07:40:18

wow, they are lovely!

Bobochic Mon 10-Oct-16 07:44:41

There is a big move towards yellow metals and away from grey metals in interior decor. You do need to proceed with care when mixing the two.

redmimi Mon 10-Oct-16 23:03:57

Apologies that my post makes no sense confused, not even sure what it was meant to say. They are lovely though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now