Talk

Advanced search

Pigletjohn -budget/midrange shower options please

(3 Posts)
SleepFreeZone Mon 03-Oct-16 20:30:09

Quick question please. We are having a new bathroom with a shower over the bath. It will very rarely get used as I have baths and DP uses the shower in the ensuite. I'm envisaging a fixed head shower with a shower attachment underneath to be able to wash hair in the bath. It will need to run off a pump.

I know you tend to recommend Aqualisa but we don't want to spend much as it will only benefit future owners of the house. Any lower priced options that are still a decent make quality?

Thank you

PigletJohn Mon 03-Oct-16 23:42:38

Miras are not bad.

I have not used Bristan showers but their taps are very good so I expect their showers are OK.

IME, whatever the brand, bar showers are not as good as round ones with a knob.

For economy and ease of fitting and repair, choose a surface-mount, not one recessed into the wall. Use chromed pipe.

It's worth keeping an eye on Plumbworld. Put "clearance" into their search field to look for bargains.

OnePlanOnHouzz Tue 04-Oct-16 07:31:46

Why not have an electric shower there instead - it offers an alternative for a quick shower if you have run out of hot water in tank and won't need a pump. Have bath shower mixer taps for in bath hair rinsing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now