Talk

Advanced search

What colour walls with cream sofa and red assessories

(12 Posts)
BrieAndChilli Mon 03-Oct-16 17:03:16

DH got some back pay he didn't realise was owed so we have splashed out and replaced out 12 year old ikeas cheapest sofas with a lovely big cream corner sofa that was in a clearance sale!
Our old sofas were red and so we have magnolia walls (which are marked and tarty so need reprinting anyway) and have the chimney breast wallpaper in a cream with red flowers wallpaper. We also have 2 bright red shelves on the walls.
I think the walls need to go darker slightly to contrast with the sofa but not sure what colour?
Any ideas?

ggirl Mon 03-Oct-16 17:05:49

pale blue or sage green

BrieAndChilli Mon 03-Oct-16 17:18:57

Would blue or green go with the red though??

BrieAndChilli Mon 03-Oct-16 17:20:26

This is the colours, the wall needs to be something different. Was thinking about a very pale brownish colour?

slinkysaluki Mon 03-Oct-16 17:59:58

Hi I have a deep red corner unit and a stone colour on our walls, Natural Hessian it's called. I have the same red as the corner unit on our chimney breast.

slinkysaluki Mon 03-Oct-16 18:05:39

Soft gold colour would look nice as well. Egyptian Sand by Crown is nice.

cuntspud Mon 03-Oct-16 18:15:13

Will you be keeping the wallpaper? If so, I would choose a colour to match the lighter color in the wallpaper?

ggirl Mon 03-Oct-16 19:52:23

red and light blue goes well together
maybe not with that wallpaper though

Nikki2ol6 Mon 03-Oct-16 19:57:26

I would say you need to completely redecorate! Or else there will be too much cream because you need to walls to stay the same colour as the background colours on the flower paper. Or you can do them red like th flowers! And paint your selfs cream.

Nikki2ol6 Mon 03-Oct-16 19:58:04

Shelfs cream!! Good lord this phone has a mind of its own

JedRambosteen Mon 03-Oct-16 20:03:06

Agree that Crown Egyptian Sand is nice. We've just done a room in Farrow & Ball Archive. A local trade supplier mixes F&B colours in trade emulsion (under licence, I assume) so it is lot cheaper than buying the branded F&B.

JedRambosteen Mon 03-Oct-16 20:05:37

Click through to the stairwell picture for Archive to get a better idea of the shade - it is a soft caramel taupe colour and warm on the walls.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now