Talk

Advanced search

New build brochure states sitting rooms have electric fire, EA adamant it is not included wwyd? we want that fire!!

(7 Posts)
indiana7 Mon 03-Oct-16 00:20:14

We are buying in phase 3 of a new devlopment, in phase one & 2 only the 4 bed houses had electric fires in the sitting rooms however the brochure for phase 3 the one in which we are buying in states electric fires included (but doesn't say only in 4 beds as the others did) We are purchasing a 3 bed terrace & I asked the estate agent would we be getting it as it says so in the brochure but there is none in the showhouse. She said no, another agent said still only 4 beds now they are checking with the architect... We want the fire included, how can we go about this??
We also asked can we paint the interior house white instead of magnolia & they said no but it seems ok for them to change their minds when it suits!!!

AnnieOnnieMouse Mon 03-Oct-16 01:28:11

Stick out for the fire.
However, new build houses are usually (well, certainly used to be) painted in a type of paint that makes it easier for the plaster to dry, and shouldn't be repainted for 6 months.

united4ever Mon 03-Oct-16 07:47:41

Is there any small print/disclaimer text anywhere in the brochure that would cover the fire situation?

MrsHulk Mon 03-Oct-16 08:10:04

Nothing in the brochure is binding - the actual details go between the lawyers, and nobody is committed until you exchange.

So you can ask (and threaten to pull out) but ultimately you can't make them give it to you.

SoupDragon Mon 03-Oct-16 08:13:27

I agree that there is probably a clause in the brochure that says the details are not binding. The fact that there is not one in the show house supports their view that it is not included. I would just buy my own fire.

indiana7 Mon 03-Oct-16 14:43:54

Yes the brochure states description is subject to changesad We want that fire though!!

Stillunexpected Mon 03-Oct-16 15:06:03

Don't cut your nose off to spite your face. The house you are buying presumably costs tens or hundreds of thousands of pounds? An electric fire costs a couple of hundred. Are you really going to lose out on a house you like because of this? Irritating but not the end of the world.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now