Talk

Advanced search

How much did your two storey extension cost?

(7 Posts)
Tropicana1980 Sat 01-Oct-16 15:10:34

Just wondering the approximate cost of a two storey extension? Would include a new kitchen and adding space to our living room downstairs and a new bedroom with en suite upstairs. Appreciate costs probably vary massively but would be interested to know what others have paid.

Stokey Sat 01-Oct-16 15:14:15

Haven't done one but we're also considering it. I reckon we'd need £150k-200 in outer London.

idontlikealdi Sat 01-Oct-16 15:15:31

What sort of house? We have a mid terrace and just got quoted £50k for single, £80k for double. London.

Tropicana1980 Sat 01-Oct-16 15:21:53

Detached house. Extension would be at one side of house.

ChangedToday Sat 01-Oct-16 15:22:54

In 2008 extended 3 bed semi: two storey rear extension plus loft, total rewiring, new windows, new internal fire doors throughout, new bathroom plus 1 cloakroom 1: shower ensuite. Cost just under 80K

TeddyBee Sat 01-Oct-16 17:19:41

£90k or so, once we'd bought the kitchen. We had to rewire the whole house as well, which was extra (and awful). We did a loft conversion too and I think we spent £130k on it all together, which included a big deck out back to hide the rubble, a new kitchen, utility and three bathrooms. We're in Redbridge, so south east.

namechangedtoday15 Sat 01-Oct-16 18:57:06

I think "a 2 storey extension" is a bit vague - do you mean just a rear extension or do you mean rear & side? How far out would you go? Are you asking for a build cost and do you mean including kitchen / bathrooms etc. It can vary massively depending on finish / quality of fittings etc.

We're just about to finish a 2 storey extension going out 3m (at the rear) X about 7.5m. We're probably going to come in around £100k - but I've spent an inordinate of time researching products / shopping around / negotiating discounts so could easily have been more if you don't have such time to devote to the project.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now