bathroom- is this a fair quote??

(9 Posts)
ispentitwithyou1 Tue 27-Sep-16 23:04:16

Hi, am having so much done in my house at the moment that I cant see the wood for the trees anymore..
Moneys running out,been quoted 3900 for new power shower,shower enclosure with glass doors,new bathroom suite, tiling and plastering
,is quite a big bathroom.
Does this sound ok??

Atticmatic Tue 27-Sep-16 23:06:54

Sounds cheap. I paid that for my en-suite which is fairly small with no bath.

ispentitwithyou1 Tue 27-Sep-16 23:08:25

Thanks for replying,reassures me its an ok price

Scribblegirl Tue 27-Sep-16 23:10:04

Is that with materials? Id always recommend going for a labour only quote and buying materials yourself (or, if you can bear it, sourcing the suite and tiles yourself and organising separate tiler/installer/plasterer and then doing the painting yourself)

ispentitwithyou1 Tue 27-Sep-16 23:15:00

Scribblegirl,how much difference would that make to the price? Would it be significant?

Linnet Tue 27-Sep-16 23:34:54

Wow, I'd take that. We had a quote for our bathroom, new suite, false ceiling, spotlights, wet wall,flooring, new radiator, £6500. needless to say we are getting more quotes. Our quote doesn't include plastering, the wall we need plastered we will have to organise ourselves.

ispentitwithyou1 Tue 27-Sep-16 23:43:20

Thanks linnet,I have no idea what a false ceiling or wet wall are or if we are having them but sounds good! grin

Linnet Wed 28-Sep-16 00:05:47

Wet wall is an alternative to tiles. I think it's also called splashback. I'ts basically a big sheet of plastic I suppose that you would put up within the shower enclosure instead of tiles. My neighbour has it in her bathroom and it does look nice but I'm not sure. I also noticed when I was looking at my quote earlier when I posted that I'm being quoted for 8 sheets of the stuff! Not sure where they'd put 8 sheets as the bathroom is tiny. anyway we are getting more quotes, this was only our first one. Oh and our quote says if we have tiles instead of wetwall the total cost would be £7400 shock

ispentitwithyou1 Wed 28-Sep-16 01:00:42

Oh my god! I better bite his hand offgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now