Talk

Advanced search

Integrated dishwasher on J groove doors.

(11 Posts)
VinnieVanillaLila Tue 27-Sep-16 05:12:46

Hi there. Has anybody have handleless J groove doors in the kitchen units with an integrated dishwasher? Wonder if it's easy to open or should I go with handles? Really prefer handleless. Tried to open a dishwasher in a showroom but couldn't! But then another retailer said that it shouldn't be a problem if machine is fitted correctly. Thanks

OnePlanOnHouzz Tue 27-Sep-16 06:49:04

It shouldn't be a problem if fitted correctly - but to help - why not have a long horizontal rod handle /tea towel rail on the front as an aide to opening too ?!

mando12345 Tue 27-Sep-16 07:54:53

I've got one and it is no issue at all. I was worried about this too, discovered it was an issue after I had paid my deposit and was worried sick! But I love my kitchen!

namechangealerttt Tue 27-Sep-16 16:32:06

No problem at all opening our dishwasher.

PigletJohn Tue 27-Sep-16 16:46:05

Some machines have a latch that you release with your fingers when you pull at the handle.

There are others where there is just a spring detent and you have to pull harder to open them. I have not had one of those for a long time, but mine (and my friend's, and my sister's, which were the same design) all eventually broke along the front from repeated tugging.

Maybe the design has improved.

VinnieVanillaLila Tue 27-Sep-16 16:57:35

OnePlanOnHouzz, well that's really a handle, which I'd rather not have one my units. More cleaning!!

VinnieVanillaLila Tue 27-Sep-16 17:04:45

PigletJohn, not sure what you're talking about grin. The model I'm after is Neff S58T69X1GB or Bosch SPV69T00GB.

VinnieVanillaLila Tue 27-Sep-16 17:06:14

Reassuring to know some people have it and it's fine. smile

namechangedtoday15 Tue 27-Sep-16 17:16:54

Never even crossed my mind beforehand that it would be an issue and it wasn't.

SarahSea1 Tue 27-Sep-16 17:19:57

I've had J groove and it wasn't a problem - couple of years ago on a Siemens washer. Some Js are deeper than others and I'm pretty sure mine was a fairly minimal groove (given how cheap the kitchen was).

PigletJohn Tue 27-Sep-16 17:49:12

in the picture it looks like it has its own long fingergrip channel running along the top of the door, which is probably better than the kind I had. I can't see a latch, though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now