Advanced search

Do we need planning permission or any sort of permission for our kitchen renovation work

(5 Posts)
cadencer1 Thu 22-Sep-16 22:37:57

We are planning to modify our existing kitchen which involves
1. moving the combi boiler from a different room to the kitchen. Since there is no current gas pipe in the kitchen, it will require the extension of gas pipes to the kitchen
2. We will by no means alter any wall in the kitchen. The only thing we will do is to drill two holes on the external wall (one for ducting out the cooker hood and the other one for the boiler)
3. Since we are going to have a sink on our island, we willl need to dug up the concrete floor to run water pipes.

Do we need to get planning permission or any sort of permission or certificates from the local council or professional bodies?

Many thanks.

Pradaqueen Sat 24-Sep-16 06:50:35

IMO as described, no. However you must get a gas safe engineer to carry out the gas/ plumbing works and get certificates for everything. Ditto receipts for skips from a reputable refuse collection company. Any electrical work must be carried out by a qualified electrician who should also certify the work carried out. Check digging up the concrete will not interfere with any damp proof cours

strongandlong Sat 24-Sep-16 09:20:13

I would have thought you'd need building regs approval for running new pipes/drains under the floor?

Pradaqueen Sat 24-Sep-16 20:04:19

No you won't. Yes to moving walks. No to digging a channel in a concrete floor.

BennyTheBall Sat 24-Sep-16 20:06:06


But the boiler works require a Gas Safe cert.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now