Talk

Advanced search

Anyone bought a Redrow home?

(8 Posts)
twirlytwit Sat 10-Sep-16 19:52:03

Looking at getting the ball rolling on a new home by Redrow... Bit nervous about buying a new build. Has anyone got any feedback, particularly with this company? Would be much appreciated, TY x

Nannynowamummy Sat 10-Sep-16 21:37:41

Please don't.

To summise, our snagging list consisted of over 400 items & they weren't small issues.

If I told you completion occurred and we had no fitted oven, an 18" hole in the bedroom ceiling that allowed you to see into the lounge and a fire surround leaning against the wall (as opposed to fixed) I would not be lying.

I was not a one-off case.

The entire estate went to the High Wycombe head office and did a protest in their carpark with the media present.

When we moved 6 years later, some of the problems still needed rectifying....including the rear turf that was laid on top of a very, very old mattress that the builders didn't even bother removing.

Nannynowamummy Sat 10-Sep-16 21:38:59

Ps - I should add that we were advised by our solicitor to complete in the state it was in because if we disn't, Redrow coukd sue us hmm

RebeccaCloud9 Mon 12-Sep-16 12:52:51

We have lived in our Redrow home for 7 years and are just about to move into another one (same age as ours so buying 2nd hand this time). I have been really happy. For new builds, they look nice, have good storage and seem well built. We had some snagging items which they sorted out straight away, and one build issue which was fixed by NHBC. Found the buying process easy. We didn't have any big problems at all.

ChicRock Mon 12-Sep-16 12:56:46

We've been in our redrow home for 3.5 years now. We love it. We had a few items on our snagging list which were sorted quickly - it did help that the builders and all the trades were still on site for about 6 months after we moved in. I'd buy from them again.

twirlytwit Tue 13-Sep-16 02:24:23

Thank you for replies.
Really sorry to hear about the first negative experience.. That did have me worried, but am grateful there's some better ones to balance it. Nothing set in stone for us yet but it is something we're looking to pursue as otherwise schooling in our area can be tricky and Redrow have built a new one. The new estate as a whole has a good reputation so fingers crossed!

Nannynowamummy Tue 13-Sep-16 21:02:28

Sorry - Butterfingers me! Will ask HQ to delete previous post.

OP Have you asked the new owners what state their homes have been in upon completion? If you have...great smile

twirlytwit Mon 12-Jun-17 20:35:16

Yes I have and they all seem happy. There's some talk of professional 'snaggers' though. This is a mature development, almost all redrow and ours is one the 2nd to last stage

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now