Talk

Advanced search

Kitchen sockets

(7 Posts)
Koala2 Fri 09-Sep-16 19:44:14

Hi everyone, do additional sockets in a kitchen need paperwork to sign them off? Kitchen isn't on its own ring main if that makes a difference, and a new circuit wasn't installed.

Koala2 Sun 11-Sep-16 09:51:21

Bump

StepAwayFromTheThesaurus Sun 11-Sep-16 09:58:13

The electrician should be able to supply you with paperwork for the new sockets. Did a (qualified) electrician do the work, or was it just the kitchen fitter?

Koala2 Sun 11-Sep-16 11:21:13

It was a qualified electrician but he said it wasn't necessary. When pressed he said he'd come back and do it. I could do with knowing whether it's essential (and therefore I need to chase him) or optional.

Koala2 Sun 11-Sep-16 11:23:27

He also said it's now compulsory for an electrical survey when all houses are bought or sold, which I don't believe to be the case, hence questioning his initial advice that paperwork isn't necessary.

browneyesblue Sun 11-Sep-16 11:27:43

You should get a minor works certificate for this type of work, and he should have tested it.

OnePlanOnHouzz Sun 11-Sep-16 20:28:17

The electrician should be part P registered for kitchen electrics and should sigh off the project !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now