Talk

Advanced search

Replacing wall sconces for house sale

(6 Posts)
Hufflepuffin Thu 08-Sep-16 15:15:17

We are selling an inherited house and have said on the fixtures and fitting form that we will be swapping out some of the light fittings. I've bought pendant fittings for the ceiling lights, but not sure what to do about the three wall sconces?

I have some of these angled lamp holders – www.diy.com/departments/mk-angled-batten-lampholder/873723_BQ.prd, but do you think it would be better to buy three of these? www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/lloytron-flexi-desk-lamp---brushed-chrome-265911

Or any other suggestions for cheap wall lights? (Cheap because I'm pretty sure the buyers will rip them out immediately anyway, they are doing lots of building work)

Hufflepuffin Thu 08-Sep-16 15:21:57

After further thought I've decided to not be a cheap skate and buy the (still very cheap) wall sconces! I guess I just needed to type it out to make the decision. Thanks!

7to25 Thu 08-Sep-16 19:20:00

Correct decision.

blinkowl Thu 08-Sep-16 19:24:27

What's a sconce?! I've never heard of one before! confused

Hufflepuffin Thu 08-Sep-16 19:26:17

I'm not sure that's the right word but wall lights!

blinkowl Thu 08-Sep-16 20:48:05

Don't doubt yourself! Wikipedia agrees with you:

"A sconce is a type of light fixture affixed to a wall in such a way that it uses only the wall for support, and the light is usually directed upwards, but not always." apparently.

And Houzz has lots of them

Never heard of it till today. I think I must have wandered in by accident from a neighbouring sconce-free parallel universe, that'll be it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now