Talk

Advanced search

Shutters in a small room...?

(5 Posts)
shuttermagic Wed 07-Sep-16 17:18:31

We badly need some privacy on our sitting room. Shutters seem like a good solution but I'm not sure if they'll look fugly and dark...?

I'm aiming for a cosy look too...

HirplesWithHaggis Wed 07-Sep-16 17:29:38

You can paint them white, or in a bright, warm colour. When ds1 was a baby, the flat we lived in had shutters on the (large) livingroom windows and on all three bedrooms, including his tiny room. We did his wordwork in primary yellow, and the others in white. Nothing fugly or dark. smile

AngelsWithSilverWings Wed 07-Sep-16 17:32:21

I've found that shutters are fine in a south facing room but in my sons ,fairly big north facing room, I was really shocked by how much darker the room seems.

ManagersDilemma Wed 07-Sep-16 22:32:09

We have them in a small, dark room and LOVE them. There are so many options: they can be totally folded back (letting in as much light as possible), closed with louvres slanted at varying degrees for privacy, or totally closed (no light coming in). We got ours in stained wood, to match other furniture in the room, but you can get them in any shade. They look good inside and out. Have a look at 'tier on tier' as well for even more options.

shuttermagic Thu 08-Sep-16 17:23:08

Yep we are concerned about the amount of light coming through...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now