We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Leaving wall under frames different colour?

(8 Posts)
InsulatedLoft Sun 04-Sep-16 19:44:23

OK so in terms of what state it is acceptable to leave walls for my buyer , we had a large frame held up by two blocks of wood on one wall. Last time we decorated we left the blocks in place and painted around them. So now we've taken the blocks off the wall there are two squares of different colour on the wall. Is it acceptable to leave this as it is?

wowfudge Sun 04-Sep-16 21:35:26

Do you have left over paint? If so, then paint over the patches to match the rest. Using a roller usually blends things in better.

JT05 Mon 05-Sep-16 00:37:35

I'd go with Wow's idea, I've done similar things myself! Can you get a sample match pot? If you cannot match the paint then do a quick contrasting wall. I'd be quite upset to go into a house and be faced with unpainted patches, even if I did intend to paint myself.

iminshock Mon 05-Sep-16 00:50:25

I don't think it matters really

iminshock Mon 05-Sep-16 00:52:28

Because usually when you remove pictures and mirrors the wall behind is a different colour ie cleaner.
Buyers know and expect this .
However it would be a nice courtesy to paint in the patches of you can source the paint easily.
But if you can't , don't fret

GiddyOnZackHunt Mon 05-Sep-16 00:58:09

I do usually paint behind things but last time we moved I realised on the way that I hadn't painted behind a unit. We'd left all the leftover paint by agreement (labelled by room) so I didn't feel too bad.

DustOffYourHighestHopes Mon 05-Sep-16 07:43:28

Doesn't matter. Also empty hooks are fine.

Buyers usually repaint.

YelloDraw Mon 05-Sep-16 11:18:19

Buyers usually repaint.

Not always. Especially not if it is in a good decorative order in the first place.

Can you get a tester pot to either do yourself or leave for buyers to do? Worst thing is not knowing what paint it actually is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now