Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How to improve this facade

(9 Posts)
sulalovesbing Sat 03-Sep-16 19:29:10

Hello,

I'm looking at a house like this but for the sake of privacy, it's not the actual house I'm interested in but pretty much identical on the exterior.

My question is how would you spruce the facade up? The interior of the house I like is great but I'd be keen to somehow remove the green tiles and replace with plain white rendering and paint the garage grey and get a new grey front door. Do you think that would be possible and how much do you think it would cost?

m.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/photos/40535323

Thanks

lalalonglegs Sat 03-Sep-16 21:14:50

I think it would be a shame to remove the tiles, especially if the house is part of an identical terrace like the one in the link. They are period features particular to that type of house and part of its character. I think a front door along these lines and wooden garage doors like the second picture on this page (sorry, I can't link just to that picture) would look great but might cost a lot smile.

sulalovesbing Sat 03-Sep-16 21:18:46

Yeah maybe you're right. Perhaps the tiles could be painted a more modern grey though?

TeddyBee Sat 03-Sep-16 21:47:28

Houses of a similar period near us have grey painted tiles, which look nicer. You might consider replacing the tiles with cedar cladding? That would be period appropriate (if not the same as everyone else) and not that expensive. I'll find a picture, hang on.

TeddyBee Sat 03-Sep-16 21:54:40

Can't find the exact picture but this is similar

freshstart22 Sat 03-Sep-16 22:02:23

That's an amazing transformation teddy I really like that.

judybloomno5 Sat 03-Sep-16 22:19:44

That looks really nice Teddy.

Other than that I think making sure the drive is well maintained and no weeds is all you can do really. It would look odd if you removed it.

sulalovesbing Sat 03-Sep-16 22:44:51

Yes I suppose it wouldn't look in keeping with the row if I removed the tiles completely, so I think I would paint them, but I like your wood idea. I'd want to keep costs down but I would invest in a lovely composite door!

TeddyBee Sun 04-Sep-16 08:29:26

Or maybe everyone else would follow suit ;) seriously though, the grey painted ones do look nice and a nicer garage door and front door will make a big difference.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now