Talk

Advanced search

Sliding Patio doors

(8 Posts)
user1472921910 Sat 03-Sep-16 18:59:04

Evening All

We are looking to purchase some aluminium sliding doors (4m in width) and wondered if anyone had recent experience of making such a purchase, or similar, and could give me an idea of rough cost? We are based in the South East.

Also did you get thermal glass to prevent the room becoming too hot when the sun shines on the glass for long periods?

Many thanks

Andy

Malotkins Sat 03-Sep-16 21:07:51

We went to Express Bi-Folding Doors in Redhill today and have decided on three pane sliding doors, just over 4 metres. They were recommended by our architect and two different builders.

NotYoda Sun 04-Sep-16 09:35:33

I can recommend Schuco doors

But I would also recommend bi-folds in preeference, because despite what people say about them being closed a lot of the time, when you can open the whole of the back up to the garden, it is wonderful. Not cheap

NotYoda Sun 04-Sep-16 09:41:32

Our 4m stretch of bifolds was c£5500 supplied and fitted, from Miranda Ltd, in NW London

NotYoda Sun 04-Sep-16 09:42:48

... sorry, company was OM Glazing Ltd. We also looked at patio doors

nemno Sun 04-Sep-16 11:01:18

We're just about to have ours replaced. Smart slide 3 panes, all sliding (Visoglide), aluminium, remove old and fit new £3,300, they claim Polyamide thermal barrier technology grin. Ours is 3.3m wide 2m high. Internal venetian blinds £600 extra, didn't go for these has have heard they go wrong because of vigorous sideways slide action, they then must be impossible to repair, But if anyone knows they are actually great please let me know asap, I know they are ok in folding doors..

We had other quotes, with one panel sliding 2100 and another with all sliding 4k.

sacbina Sun 04-Sep-16 20:43:44

Slide and pivot are a good alternative. We paid around 3k for 3m width. Think company were called sun seekers

Imperialleather2 Sun 04-Sep-16 23:20:02

We've just got raynaers lift and slide doors.

5.1m was £6300 or thereabouts. They are lovely amd literally glide. That.includes fitting and trickle vents.

All 3 move and lock into any position.

We really looked.around. The lift and slide element makes.such a difference.from.just sliding.which can seem quite heavy.

I love our doors!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now