Talk

Advanced search

Please suggest a non slip tile for kitchen diner

(4 Posts)
SweetGrapes Sat 27-Aug-16 23:38:34

We are knocking through to have a large kitchen diner - and I am stuck on which tiles to buy. I love all the glossy shiny ones, but think they will be a nightmare as far as slipping is concerned.
Please suggest some porcelain brown/chocolate/beige/cream tiles that look nice and are not slippery when wet!

brumeye Sun 28-Aug-16 21:12:07

We went for Valverdi indoor/outdoor tiles. They come in both a 20mm outdoor tile and a 10mm indoor one. We have just the indoor ones - they're non-slip without being rough. Very happy with them.

www.londontile.co.uk/category/valverdi

mayhew Sun 28-Aug-16 22:54:30

We used a largish Spanish porcelain tile with a slightly rough finish. It's been brilliant for non slipness and doesn't show the dirt. We have laid off white and dark grey in a chequerboard and it still gets admired 10 years on.

No regrets.I think those shiny floors will look very dated soon. As well as being hard to keep clean.

SweetGrapes Mon 29-Aug-16 13:53:00

Thank you ladies! Have finally sorted the cloakroom tiles. The valverdi looks very nice and probably close to what we are looking for. If it gets admired for 10 years i will be very pleased!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now