Talk

Advanced search

Colour ideas for this bedroom Please

(4 Posts)
united4ever Sat 27-Aug-16 21:13:17

Got the bedroom wall skimmed today and need to buy some paint tomorrow (will let the plaster dry a few more days though). Anyway, I cannot decide between painting.

1,Painting all walls a light/mint green
2,Painting just one wall (opposite the wardrobe, at the head of where the bed will be, a light mint green and the other walls white
3,Painting the wall opposite the wardrobe a bold Olive green and the other walls white

I plan to get some curtains and maybe blinds to match the green scheme but want to get the right balance. The rest of the house is very white so trying to add a little colour.

What do you think would work best - it's a 60's semi so not got the lovely high ceilings and so on.

I am aware that I need to paint a couple of coats first before I add the good paint for the final coat(s).

allthebestplease Sat 27-Aug-16 21:15:33

I'd go for all mint and accessorise with olives, perhaps some metallic, maybe a copper lamp.

yomellamoHelly Sat 27-Aug-16 21:21:01

We've done an entire room Eau de Nil. So on that basis I'd say do the whole room mint. Our bedding matches the walls. Carpet, curtains and furniture all the same colour (cream). Then have a few touches of pink (but not many). Is really serene.

united4ever Sat 27-Aug-16 21:26:34

oh, Eau de Nil, looks great...it's a little bit close to blue as well. Very nice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now