Drain issues

(4 Posts)
DozyDoriss Tue 23-Aug-16 10:49:02

My neighbours drain is in our garden and blocked, there is a man jet washing it right now so we're stuck inside till he goes. He said the drain cover is unsafe so who's responsibility is it? It's her drain but it's on my property?

ExcuseMyEyebrows Tue 23-Aug-16 10:56:42

If you are in England contact the water company, they will tell you who is responsible. It sounds as though it's a shared drain which I'm pretty sure is the water company's responsibility.

Palomb Tue 23-Aug-16 11:04:12

If it's a shared drain it's the water company. If it only serves one property it's the owner of that property.

If you call your water board they'll send soemone out to have a look.

DozyDoriss Tue 23-Aug-16 11:56:20

It's just hers, we have our own drain.

I just wondered because it's in our garden and affects us if we had to pay to get a safer one? I rent and my landlords are great at getting things fixed. At the moment I have a dog cage covering it to stop my children getting near it.

My neighbour isn't English and has a very strong accent so it's hard to talk to her. OH spoke to her son last night and he admits to not understanding her sometimes, so think we'll talk to him later

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now